VI National Chocolate Festival took place in Lviv!
In Lviv Palace of Arts for the sixth time National Chocolate Festival was held. This year’s event impressed by its artistic program, which was attended by the best chocolate sculptors, painters, bakers and chocolatiers. And a unique “chocolate wedding” added romance in Valentine's Day.
As the director of VI National Chocolate Festival Andriy Sydor said, this year’s Chocolate Festival was particularly popular. “For visitors the most remembered were “Chocolate wedding”, huge chocolate lion, sundials and drawing of a car under the program “ChocoCard”. Such facts were summed up:
- Within four days the Festival was visited by more than 21 thousand citizens and visitors alike.
- More than 9 tons of chocolate sweets were eaten.
- For guests of the Festival Queen of “Chocolate City” Natalka Karpa presented giant 3-meter “Chocolate clock” with real solar mechanism
- Professional chocolatiers and confectioners held for guests 23 different workshops on preparing chocolate desserts.
- At the Festival chocolate “Gallery of lions” was opened, where the 200-pound chocolate king of beasts was presented. To the exhibition 10 other lions were packaged, which symbolized the biggest festivals of the city.
- 96 couples confessed to love on “Chocolate wedding”. And the opportunity to be the first chocolate spouses was got by Jacob and Veronica Adams.
- Best chocolate sculptors created on the Festival over 30 sculptures with chocolate from which a real “Chocolate City” was built of chocolate “Svitoch”.
- “Chocolate mail” sent 3,109 postcards in different parts of the world.
- In the II Championship of confectioners and amateurs “Home confectioner” 8 amateurs competed. The victory and the title of “ The best confectioner and amateur of Ukraine in 2013” was got by Oksana Stets in the nomination “The most delicious sweet dish” and also she got the grand prize — a convivial dinner in a restaurant-brewery “Kumpel”.
- At Chocolate Festival on the program “ChocoCard” a variety of prizes was raffled off: a box of champagne went to Iryna Kurnytska, romantic dinner was got by Olena Garmatiy, precious jewelry with emeralds and rubies was got by Olena Gadzalo and the grand prize — car Peugeot 107 was got by native of Lviv Lidiya Krutykh-Amelina.
According to the organizers the next year they plan again to play out amongst the visitors car, and not only it!
Organizer: “Dik-Art” Company.